• Have a Valid Passport •

✈ Passports, Everyone Should Have One. ✈

How do you know where and when you will need a passport to travel? If you live in the United States and are travelling within the United States, you do not need a passport.

If you are flying anywhere outside the United States, you will need a Passport.

If you take a Cruise vacation you will read and hear different and confusing commentary – If it is a “closed-loop” cruise, meaning you leave and return to the same US port (IE: you embark at Cape Liberty, Bayonne, NJ or NYC or Florida and return to the same) all you need is a photo identification and Birth Certificate with raised seal. Truth is, if you follow this advice you could find yourself in an unfortunate situation. Yes, it is true, you only need photo ID and your birth certificate, but in the serious event that you or anyone in your traveling party becomes so ill that they require an extended hospitalization, then what? Your “closed loop” cruise becomes a land-stay where you will need to fly back to your country. And, yes, it does happen, people have missed the ship. You have heard or read about “runners”-passengers running last minute as ship crew is pulling in the gangway.

*As a citizen of the United States you have the right to contact the U.S Consulate for assistance. Lots of time spent making phone calls to the US Consulate they will be able to intervene. Why encounter a situation like this? Ask yourself, is this why you are going on vacation?




Official Twitter for U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs: protecting lives and interests of U.S. citizens overseas.  https://twitter.com/TravelGov





Homeland Security: http://www.dhs.gov/files/crossingborders/travelers.shtm

Travel Insurance: http://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/

Passport Day was March 7, 2012 http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/03/185351.htm

Document Requirements For Land And Sea Travel http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/ready_set_go/whti_bg/land_sea/

More links to come.